Interested in writing for CompanyHand?
We’re dedicated to giving our readers the most relevant, accurate, and useful information on how to start, finance, and market a business. Companhand.com is one of the top website resources for entrepreneurs and small business owners worldwide.
What we look for:
- Unique: An original piece of work written and not published elsewhere online, that showcases a unique viewpoint. Be creative and don’t pitch articles we’ve already written or read. You can cover similar topics so long as it has an original or unique viewpoint
- Solid, sound, and expert writing: Your article is interesting with well-structured points. These can be backed-up with data and personal experiences or anecdotes which you’ve gained by being an expert in the subject topic. If you’re not an expert, then you’ve reached out to one and given them credit. Your writing shows your solid and expert writing in a refreshing way
- Natural: It feels personal, conveying our brand image in a natural way
- Relatable: Resonates and sticks with our audience because they understand how it applies to their lives or business
- Conversational: The article is written in a conversational style as if speaking or explaining the information to another person, so that it has a human tone, personality and empathy to engage and connect with readers. Unlike a university or technical essay
What we’re not looking for:
- Promotional or sponsored article: Your article should not read like an advert, sales pitch, or recruiting tool for your products, service, or business
- Paid links or key word marketing: Articles should not include links driving readers to other sites for promotional purposes
- Offensive articles: Any that are offensive, personal attacks, defamation or use foul language will not be tolerated
- Infringing others intellectual property: Including those related to trademarks, trade secrets, or copyrights
- Captions: For images, tables, or infographs
- Quotes: Should be attributed to a source
- Links: Include your own, don’t expect us to create the links to your work. These should be in the article content body and never in the headings or subheadings
- Article Title: Needed for every piece of work
- Quick Summary: Paragraph summarizing what the reader can expect from your work. Convince the reader why they should take the time to read your article
- Repetitions: Avoid these as much as possible of the same words, quotes or themes
- Numbers: Any below 10 are written are works, any above are listed as numerals i.e. 11, 12, 13, 14 and upwards. Any referencing a percentage are written as numbers i.e. 12%
- Names: Use the full name when first mentions such as Bill Gates and after when referring to same person use the surname such as Gates
- Acronyms and Abbreviations: Spell these out the first time when mentioning it within the text and thereafter you can use the acronym such as WTO
How to submit an article?
To submit an article you’d like to write, fill out the form below and agree to our Guest Post Agreement. Be exact and specific. Tell us how your article will be different from all the other articles on this topic. If we are interested, we will reach out to you to share our full editorial guidelines and ask for a draft.